Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homeschooling Nasya : Islamic Education

My mom always worries that I dont teach enough Islamic education to Nasya. While I always think that, it depends on when she wanted to learn it seriously. What I do now is only the "show and practice".

But, I do think about it seriously deep down inside my heart. What is the best way? One of it, is to go balik kampung as often as I can. Because when we're at my parents' house, she's being soft taught Islamic education with my mom :) In a good way.

I dont know what, but, obviously, my mom will call her and the cousins into my mom's room and she will ask Nasya and the cousins everything. Good because Nasya will not stay still with me for 15 mins. And slowly, she will teach her what to say, what to do, how to do. And she is so good listen and practise everything. Hmm...

So, since she started memorize few surah in AlQuran, I want her to know few basic doa. She memorize the before eating doa, into the toilet, and before sleep. And I want her to know few other doa-s, when one day I found this apps and straight away installed it.

It is an Indonesian apps, so, the voice is an Indonesian boy reciting doa but as long as it's understandable, should be ok.








There is a translation in English (and Bahasa Indonesia as optional, which can be changed in the settings). And today I found her play with this apps for almost 2 hours when I cleaning up the house.

So, I think as long as the learning is in any interactive, colorful and interesting way, any kids would love it and willing to learn. Sejuk perut ibu mengandung.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Cool! I pun ada download apps doa tapi yg ni nampak lg fun for kids and lagi satu i amik apps alif ba ta.. Dia dh start baca Iqra' or anything similar? One good habit is lepas solat Maghrib, ajak dia join kita doa and ajak dia mengaji sama2 start with alif ba ta, kalau pakai Iqra' a ba ta sa.. Sekejap pun jadila, kdg2 tak sampai 5 minit pun.. Just to start the habit..

Then I byk gak beli CD nasyid esp Yusof Islam's n GA punya.. sing a long in the car and eg bila nyanyi lagu abt Nabi Muhammad, the name become familiar to them, and bila kita start story abt Nabi Muhammad dia akan curious and interested.. Just sharing a few tips, n thanks for telling bout the apps!

Mai Okinokiyo said...

ohh Mimi,
Thanks for the tips, yeah I selalu after maghrib and kdg2 lps zuhur sbb nasya akan bwk je buku iqra' tu ke mana2.

and Im still lost nak introduce cerita nabi as Nasya lack in Malay words, I plak terkial2 nak carik the words in Malay..:(

KS said...

thanks for sharing mai!! skang jugak i cari ini apps..