I realised that Nasya must know how to read by this year since we didnt send her to school/kindy.So my husband told me, I need to teach her. Not that I MUST do it, but to include her to read in her daily acitivities, no only me do the reading.
So, yesterday when sent her to her art class, I grabbed 4 books that I know she likes and really makes her read instead of me do the reading. Cheap and clear and very very good. And she reads to me this morning.
I noticed that I am very selective choosing her books. I try to choose books that have some motivational things or she herself can tell me what is inside the books after our reading sessions.
These are the books she likes to read.
She is not into Peter & Jane so much maybe because of the prints are not that fancy. So I have to find something similar. I found out Popular has Robin series that is similar but I dont like the font of the book, so I passed. She reads Ladybird and Usborne series though. Those are classic stories which I think she needs to know.
Pelangi Publisher really reminds me of my schooling day when I first found the book. Cheap, easy and simple. And VERY GOOD.
She now reads me the book. I hope to collect all of them soon. Even they are cheap, I didnt buy them in one go. I let her pick one book each time we go out. Thats the fun in our books shopping.
Nasya is afraid at doctors. Any doctors and dentists. She has a bad experience seeing a dentist, so I bought her books on dentist related from Kinokuniya few months back. We brought one of the book to see her dentist with her small mirror but she still cries, hahaha. As long she understands why I need to bring her to dentist, doctors, shud be ok with me.
Routine.
Since I am not working 9-5, we do reading sessions usually morning before milk, after dinner and before sleep, we recap what we read during the day.
Now, good thing is she recognizes words easily. And as I said she can read simple sentences. Let see if she can read herself by end of the year. That is my goal.
Now, good thing is she recognizes words easily. And as I said she can read simple sentences. Let see if she can read herself by end of the year. That is my goal.

8 comments:
mai, kyra semenjak dua menjak ni more on tv than book. i pun macam risau je tapi nasib baik dia still love book...tapi tula pengaruh tv tu tak dapat nak kawal la...
nape tak anta nasya sekolah? nasya 4 tahunkan tahun ni...
chaiok chaiyok, Nasya!
Nampak muka nasya dalam utusan hari ni :)
jannah : sbbnye tak jmpa skolah yg memuaskan hati n budget. haha pastu sbb nak pindah rumah. so homeschool je dulu.
croft : chaiyok!!
leeds : ohh that one masa dia punya class :) alih2 ada org dtg shoot. tp dia xperasan pun.haha
mai,
oh maiiiiiiiiii. lawaanyaa buku2 tuu. kat mana beli? ff skang sham belikan yg set my weekend. ada i-pen tu kat popular apa nama tah series tu. aku pun baru nk insaf bacakan. tp byk dia dh baca sendiri sbb ikut voice. aim aku this year pun more to ff. tahun lepas dh byk sgt busy smpai neglecting her :(
must hyperactive this year. chayok2!
ps: keep on posting leh jadi inspired.. hehe
i pon tgh pening pikir pasal playschool, ada lagi setahun ni nak cari yg memuaskan hati..pastu kena pikir preschool plak..my fren antar anak dia umur 6 tahun gi tadika, ckp homework byk sampai tak leh kuar jln on weekend..gilos..
pastu dia citer anak dia kureng skit part bahasa melayu sebab selama ni dia ajar baca buku english..sampai kena pegi kelas intensif plak 2 minggu..tu baru kisah tadika tu..ngalahkan nak amik pmr plak..
syllabus sekolah sekarang giler advanced, darjah satu dah expect budak boleh tulis karangan, kita dulu rasa setengah tahun darjah satu tu kenal abc je..yg mana dah pandai membaca awal bosan2 pegi sekolah..tapi budak sekarang awal2 lagi dah ada test utk stream kelas..kang kalo dpt kelas belakang sure jejaskan self esteem budak, plus kot yg kelas belakang tu jenis ramai budak pembuli ke..nauzubillah..
so nak tak nak terpaksa la jadi mak kiasu yg ajar anak abc dari sekarang sebab tak nak anak ketinggalan..huhu..
yulie : buku tu beli kat popular jekkk murah plak tu. less than RM5 each..buku ladybird dgn dgn usborne RM9.90 pastu buku dentist tu mahal sket RM20 and less....
farah : mmg skrg kiasu sgt lah. I dont really mind sbnrnya if my daughter bukan kelas first. sbb my friends yg kelas last2 dulu keje biz2 lgi syiok dr keje dgn org mcm i.sbb what i think is, masuk kelas pandai tp dont really shine, and rasa rendah diri lgi lah tak syiok. my husb n i ada this perception of hating the normal education yg we all have to face all this while. so what i think is, as long as the basic thing dia tau, and have their own interest cukup
betul mai. survival skill tu yg penting. aku pun dh tua2 baru nmpk apa yg aku leh buat.. but better late than never kan!
Post a Comment